Summer fun-time of the year for play!
Summer–the time for kites, ice cream, & fireflies. As the days get warmer, we think of camps, family reunions, fun in the water, family vacations or just do-nothing days! After a week of thinking, sleeping, daydreaming, we find we want to be busy. Here is a list of some summer fun activities that will encourage you to be creative and, if possible, be outdoors: Pay attention to # 5,10,15,20,25! Summer Fun is just that!
Fun Ideas for Summertime
- Attend a free outdoor music concert in your community
- Go on a walking tour of your city
- Wash your car
- Play miniature golf
- MAKE A KITE
- Go on a hike
- Grab a book or your reader and lay in a hammock
- Go to a drive-in movie
- Blow bubbles
- DECORATE A KITE
- Run through the sprinkler
- Hold a contest spitting watermelon seeds
- Clean up an elderly neighbor’s or family member’s yard
- Plant a garden, take care of it and enjoy the fruits of your labor
- FLY A KITE
- Go berry picking
- Make a home video
- Capture and release fireflies
- Learn to skip stones across a body of water
- GO KITE-FLYING WITH FRIENDS
- Visit a farmer’s market and learn about the sources of our food
- Make your own ice cream sundae
- Turn lemons into your own lemonade
- Ride a merry-go-round or a roller coaster
- MAKE ANOTHER KITE TO DECORATE AND FLY
Enjoy these lazy, hazy days. Make a journal of all your summer fun activities. When someone asks, “how was your summer, what did you do?’ you have a list showing all the fun things you did during your summer break.
Kites…on a Roll® brings together kids of all ages. We offer easy to make and easy to fly kites, the perfect group activity. Kids of all ages love our kites! To purchase any of our products, please check out our store to order your kite kits!