Simple Sled Kite making kits for young children ages 5-9
The sled kite is the easiest for little kids to fly; it turns every child into a terrific kite flyer! Our easy-to-follow patterns take only 15 minutes to assemble. You need only supply scissors, tape and whatever materials you want for decorating the kite.The kite material is coated with a writable film so each child can decorate his or her own kite with crayons if you prefer not to use permanent markers. If using markers, use only permanent markers. Water soluble ink smears on plastic.
Making our Sled Kite kit is a fun and memorable activity from start to finish. Whether it is your first time flying a kite or you are an expert, every time brings a new memory. That’s why we have created these Sled Kite kits that are easy for children to make in just a few minutes.
Please note: The kite kit is assembled by a vocational opportunity center. By purchasing our kite kits, you are employing an adult living with disabilities.
- The Sled package comes with materials for 20 kites:
- Contains 20 imprinted sails with tail patterns
- Includes 20 sets of pre-cut sticks
- Includes 20 winders with kite string
- The enclosed workshop packet contains the history, science, and culture of kites, time-saving suggestions, activities, and additional readings
- Instructions and kite safety tips come imprinted on the plastic to make construction easier
- A sample kite pattern included in your order allows you to make an example kite ahead of time. Step-by-step instructions come with the sample.
- Sail and tail patterns are imprinted on a writable plastic coating allowing you to decorate with crayons if you prefer not to use permanent markers.
- Each kite is 16" x 24" when laid flat with a single 10" tail, or two 5" tails.
- Pre-cut birch sticks, 16" long ( 2 per kite)
- Flying line (150' wrapped around a plastic handle)
More Information About Sled Kites... on a Roll®
At Kites…on a Roll® we like to make the entire kite experience special for every child. The designing and flying are where the real fun comes in. Letting children make their own masterpiece and watch their own kite soaring through the air is a thrill! The Sled Kite is a great choice for young children because it’s easy to fly, even if it’s their first time. You’ll love to watch the expressions on your kid’s faces as they fly their own kites. As kite lovers ourselves, we can say that these are truly great kits and are fun at every stage in the process.
Add on some great accessories for your kites, or find other kite making kits that better suite your next event! If you don’t want to use the tail pattern, you can purchase our tail material or ribbon to be the tail.
Get great tips on how to create a frolicking, fun flying experience with your Sled Kites!