The Delta Kite package comes with materials for 20 kites:
- Each kite has a wing span of 4’ and is 20” high
- Pre-cut birch sticks, 20" long (2 per kite but of different diameters)
- Pre-cut birch sticks, 21" long (2 per kite)
- Flying line (150' wrapped around a plastic handle)
- Imprinted sail with fringe pattern
- Paper clips to be used at bridle point (1 clip per kite)
- Workshop packet containing the history, science and culture of kites, time-saving suggestions, activities, and additional readings
- Instructions and kite safety tips imprinted on the plastic
- A sample kite pattern for you to make ahead of time
Have as much fun making your Delta Kite as you do flying it!
Some people call it a bird kite because it looks like a bird gliding through the air and is very easy to fly. It’s the perfect activity for kids looking for something “cool” to do, because there is nothing “cooler” than creating your own project and having it work!
You will need about ½ hour for assembly for the Delta Kite kits. We supply a sample kite pattern so that you can show the group before they make them on their own. Since this kite takes longer to assemble and becomes a bigger kite, we recommend this kite for ages 10 and older. For younger groups, we also sell our flat 2-stick kite kits, the Malay Bird for ages 8 and older and our Sled Kite kits for ages 5-9.
Learn some great tips and tricks for making Delta Kites.
Each Delta kite kit roll (or unit) contains materials to make 20 kites: patterns for 20 kites, 20 sets of pre-cut sticks and 20 sets of kite string wrapped around plastic handles.